I am one of Norway’s few specialiced baroque violinists, still I hold a position in the first violin section of the Trondheim Symphony Orchestra. Playing both modern and baroque violin, my first ambition is to be a versatile violinist.
A few years ago, I completed my work as an artistic research fellow at the Norwegian Academy of Music in Oslo. My research on Tartini’s particular style of embellishment ended with an Ph.D, and the release of the album “Tartini secondo natura” on the Norwegian label 2L. The booklet includes a brief guide to Tartini’s style.
Even better, feel free to read the whole story here: The Tartini Style (pdf, 95 pages).
- 3.6.2016. The Absolute Sound (English)
- 26.5.2016. CD Classico (Italian)
- 1.4.2016. Audiophile Audition (English)
- 22.3.2016. Huffington post (English)
- 1.3.2016. The Vinyl Anachronist (English)
- 12.2.2016. Morgenbladet (Norwegian)
- 18.1.2016. Klassekampen (Norwegian)
- 10.1.2016. Opus Haute Définition (French)
- 10.1.2016. MusicWeb International (English)
- 9.1.2016. Pizzicato (German)
- 15.12.2015. Den klassiske CD-bloggen (Norwegian)